Announcements
Requesting your help! No money involved! Please read here. (Link fixed.)

Donations
  • Buy some Old Elm Tree merchandise!

Sponsors

DU: Authorized willy-nilly killings are OK, criticizing them is not
04-29-2012, 07:14 AM
DU: Authorized willy-nilly killings are OK, criticizing them is not
Obama approved a CIA plan to kill people based on vague profiling.

I did a cartoon criticizing this policy.

Which—a program of slaughtering human beings on little more than a whim or the cartoon—would you expect the folks at Democratic Underground to call "hateful"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: DU: Authorized willy-nilly killings are OK, criticizing them is not
(04-29-2012 07:14 AM)vastleft Wrote:  Obama approved a CIA plan to kill people based on vague profiling.

Which—a program of slaughtering human beings on little more than a whim or the cartoon—would you expect the folks at Democratic Underground to call "hateful"?

I continue to be fascinated at your ability to turn two eggs and a handful of words into an accurate commentary that goes to the heart of the situation. You're really good.
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2012, 11:51 AM
kick
04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
(04-29-2012 07:14 AM)vastleft Wrote:  Obama approved a CIA plan to kill people based on vague profiling.

If DU believed in the Constitution they would be calling for Obama's impeachment for abuses of power that exceeded those committed by Nixon, Reagan, and Bush combined. Party loyalty trumps loyalty to country! DU is the new Free Republic.

A President, any President, who maintains that he is above the law -- and repeatedly violates the law -- thereby commits high crimes and misdemeanors.

Elizabeth Holtzman
January 12, 2006
04-29-2012, 02:46 PM
I can't believe our own democratic president is doing this in our names! Horrible!

Well put, Vastleft. DU isn't a progressive site except for a few progressive members who aren't banned, yet.
04-29-2012, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 06:03 PM by jest.)
Quote:REASON FOR ALERT:

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

ALERTER'S COMMENTS:

This poster continues spamming this image -- most of their posts today contain it -- which links to http://www.vastleft.com which is a Third Party Advocacy site -- it says in no uncertain terms: "My vote in November will be for a left third-party candidate or a write-in, perhaps for None of the above."
Please hide. Thank you.

Wait a minute.

An image is posted that basically states administration policy.

It is declared "disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top" and is banned not because the host is a Republican, racist, homophobic, etc., but because they are a leftist who will vote how he pleases.

Um, wow.

Land of the free, home of the brave....

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. © Groucho Marx.

Sponsors